What is IP Law Firm Docketing Software?
A docketing software program schedules and calendars and keeps track of court proceedings’ deadlines. It can be used to follow litigated cases or make sure you adhere to other crucial legal dates. Legal professionals used handwritten calendars or diaries to accomplish their docketing before the invention of computer software. Using computerised docketing, legal professionals can efficiently, accurately, and systematically manage the due dates for all of their matters.
Describe IP docketing.
The process of keeping track of due dates for the prosecution of patents, copyrights, and trademarks before their various governing offices is known as IP docketing. There are several deadlines for trademark and patent filings, registrations, and oppositions. These deadlines may start as soon as 90 days after receiving a specific notification or last for six or ten years. It’s critical for IP professionals to have a dependable docketing system to keep track of deadlines because trademark and patent filings have so many to remember.
What makes docketing crucial?
Legal professionals can track crucial filing deadlines and respond to various actions through docketing. This guarantees effective task delegation, time management, and workflow.
Because IP docketing is particularly vital because missing deadlines in IP-related proceedings can result in high fines for recovery actions. In the worst situation, skipping deadlines may cause a mark to be abandoned and ultimately result in the loss of client rights. The exact costs of missing IP deadlines are discussed in greater detail here.
What sorts of docketing software are there?
With the development of technology, docketing software has undergone substantial change and now comes in many different formats.
- Calendars – For some lawyers who only handle a small number of IP cases, simple calendar docketing may be sufficient. However, every piece of information must be manually entered, every date must be computed, and every reminder must be set. Calendars, especially those integrated with email services, don’t have fields for entering IP-specific data like mark name, owner, serial number, or international class. It is challenging to locate specific information as a result.
- Docketing Software Manual –A docketing system is necessary for attorneys managing more than a few IP cases to keep track of their dockets. The original purpose of traditional legal docketing software was to keep track of court filings. More capabilities and tools are available in IP docketing software pertinent to lawyers representing clients before the USPTO or US Copyright Office. The most fundamental IP docketing software enables lawyers to manually enter IP matters into a system, schedule reminders at predetermined intervals, and produce reports with specific information sets. This docking software is significantly more beneficial to IP specialists than a simple calendar or docketing system designed for litigators. However, manually entering data takes a lot of effort and is prone to mistakes.
- Software for Automated Docketing –Automated docketing software is necessary for attorneys who want to reduce time-consuming tasks and hazards associated with human mistakes. Docketing software systems offer different levels of automation; for example, some systems receive fundamental mark data from various IP offices, while others compute deadlines automatically, so users don’t have to set them manually. For instance, new filings are identified and added to the docket via IP Docketers’s automated trademark docketing software. Without manual data entry, it also changes trademark statuses and computes deadlines.
What other capabilities come with docketing software?
Automated docketing software offers comprehensive capabilities that help lawyers stay organised, create custom reports, interact with clients and colleagues, and start filings for their trademarks.
- Electronic Document Storage – IP matters involve several filings and have many exhibits, drawings, and other documents attached. For a workflow to run smoothly and effectively, these documents must be stored in an ordered manner. By automatically gathering and preserving documents, including applications, office activities, drawings, and registration certificates, within the docketing system, IP Docketers offers an excellent solution for document storage. This makes it simple to monitor a mark’s status and to get quick access to pertinent papers. Users can submit their documents to IP Docketers, which also offers a platform for taking thorough notes regarding conversations with clients, co-counsel, and coworkers.
- Reporting Resources – Even the most basic docketing programmes come with options for generating reports that can be used to distribute work or notify clients and coworkers. However, developing customised reports for various uses swiftly enables lawyers to gather information, connect with clients, and share it with others. Users can generate bespoke reports, download them directly to Excel, and send them internally or externally with only a few clicks.
- Tools for Communication – A docketing system must be comprehensive and technologically sophisticated to communicate with clients and coworkers. IP Docketers differ from other docketing software because of their powerful communication capabilities. Users of IP Docketers can send pre-written emails or letters to clients or coworkers informing them of the progress of their filings. Users of IP Docketers can also give their clients and coworkers read-only access to their trademark filings.
- Forms for Client Intake – The most technologically advanced docketing software automatically prepares client intake forms, speeding up and simplifying trademark registration processes. IP experts may quickly gather information about an application thanks to IP Docketers’s ability to develop unique, branded intake forms and questions. Send the intake form to a customer or colleague, and you will be notified when it is finished. Users can then make any necessary changes. Once complete, IP Docketers’s innovative integration uploads the data immediately to the TEAS programme without requiring them to retype anything or copy and paste it.
What IP docketing software is the best?
The best IP docketing software provides IP professionals with a reliable tool to monitor their portfolios accurately, save documents and other pertinent information, produce custom reports, interact with clients and colleagues, and start trademark filings. These features and more may be found in IP Docketers’s IP docketing software.
Additionally, the best IP docketing software ought to be simple to use and have a sleek, simple interface. Unlike conventional docketing software, which is cumbersome and was created using antiquated technology, IP Docketers was made to ensure a positive user experience.
Another crucial element of the best IP docketing software is customer service. The software from IP Docketers was created to address the problems peculiar to IP experts. It also comes with unmatched, free customer care. IP Docketers handle any migration from a previous IP docketing system, and help is available via live chat (with a natural person on the other end) to address any issues. IP Docketers also creates new features consumers desire and frequently upgrades its software.
The best IP docketing software should be reasonably priced, which is crucial. IP docketing software’s primary goal is to assist IP professionals in keeping track of deadlines and streamlining their processes to maximise business revenues. With no additional costs, IP Docketers provides a reasonably priced yet fully functional IP docketing solution. IP Docketers offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in addition to flexible month-to-month service.